Converting Rem 700 long action

jocraig

Hi I have a Rem 700 CDL in 30-06 and would like to change the barrel to a 26" and re chamber to 7mm Rem Ultra Mag my question is will this round fit the action or is there a better long distance do it all hunting caliber
Many Thanks

Easiest - try to exchange your action/bolt for an ultra mag action and bolt. Too costly otherwise IMO.

I like the converted or PTG bolt with the M-16 extractor a lot better than the factory extractor. It's a common job. We get a better than factory fit on the head of the case. I like to use an M-16 extractor after opening the bolt then alter the feed rails with a diamond home by hand. This gives us super dependable extraction without the danger of a Sako style blowing into your eye if anything goes wrong.

With the 195 Berger it is very potent and being 7mm has a huge choice of bullets for about any occasion.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts