Converting from .270 to 6.5x47 Lapua

LR-Shooter

I have a Savage Model 110CL (left hand) in .270 caliber (with box magazine) and want to shoot 6.5x47 Lapua in the same stock (also in left hand action with a box magazine). The new barrel must be "match grade". How do I proceed? Any recommendations on barrels/action etc.?

I have a Savage Model 110CL (left hand) in .270 caliber (with box magazine) and want to shoot 6.5x47 Lapua in the same stock (also in left hand action with a box magazine). The new barrel must be "match grade". How do I proceed? Any recommendations on barrels/action etc.?

Am I correct that you are wanting to build a whole new rifle utilizing the Savage stock that is currently on your 270 or are you purchasing a new stock?

Am I correct that you are wanting to build a whole new rifle utilizing the Savage stock that is currently on your 270 or are you purchasing a new stock?

You are correct Derek in that I want a new caliber using the original stock. In my current build I am taking it slow and one step at a time so the cost of the build is manageable. The stock will come later after I research stocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts