Convert Remington repeater to single shot

mtang45

I have a custom Remington 700 in 7mm STW that was built by John Van Dyke several years ago. It has a Shilen match barrel and Accurate Innovation stock. At the time it was built I requested a detachable box magazine for no other reason than I thought I needed it.

Through the course of finding the best load and seating depth for this rifle it became obvious that the loads the rifle liked were to long to fit in the magazine. I have been using it as a single shot for quite some time. Now in an attempt to squeeze some more accuracy out of this rifle and since I'm not using the magazine anyway, I'm thinking I should stiffen up the action and "block up" the magazine well.

I have been searching the internet for the correct part to insert into the mag well and have found this built by Kampfeld Custom

40x

Has anyone used this and have an opinion on its success? Or are ther other options out there that I have not run across yet?

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.