Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
Yes I think we should try this, I'm headed to Alaska on a bear hunting trip, this coming Sept. I would be glad to have anyone volunteering to do this, come along. I plan to use my 338 EDGE. I'm a fairly good shot, so I'll back off about 300 yards away so as not to spook them and allow you to take the first shot. Loki:D

Sorry ya'll I voted no before fully thinking out the issue. Upon further consideration, I realize that this would be an awesome way to help the bears AND our gene pool. Let's find a couple of tree huggin' liberals to go on the first hunt and someone with a long range video camera setup so we can post the results to youtube! Happy hunting all!

Why not as long as I can have a 450 Nitro Express slung over my shoulder just in case the ball baring simply annoys it lol. Not for me though anyone who wants to have a go I will put them forward for a Darwin award as someone else mentioned.

I accidentally voted no, I read it at first as "do you think it should be illegal. They should legalize it then allow individuals attempting such to bring along paid spectators!! I would buy the ticket to watch. It would be like gladiators in modern times.

You bet, give them to all the Dems and tell them they are the new way to hunt and not hurt the animal in anyway, I wanna watch O.B. stalk up close then **** off a big ole brown bear

Most Definately!
I think anyone that would be gifted enough to think this one up should be the first one to do it, as the rest of us videoed your experience from a considerable distance. I'll even donate for a pair of Nike's best running shoes in your size just to make the video a little longer and more interesting!

Im not against the slingshot I'm just skeptical. When I think of Brown Bears I think of Alaskan Brownies. Those are not animals that you hunt lightly.

I always thought it would be a worthy challange to hunt bear with a sword and shield. Of course hunter would have to be covered in honey with a pork roast tied to thier neck.

I think anyone that would be gifted enough to think this one up should be the first one to do it, as the rest of us videoed your experience from a considerable distance. I'll even donate for a pair of Nike's best running shoes in your size just to make the video a little longer and more interesting!

That would be me1

Size 13, please. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.