Contest; Test a McMillan EOL Rifle

McMillan

<strong>Official Sponsor of LRH</strong>
A member asked if anyone had experience with one of the new McMillan EOL rifles. The answer is no because it's a new project and we haven't delivered any to customers yet. We are building inventory and will start shipping soon. But the question got me to thinking. Why not have a contest for the members to determine which of their own will be the one to do a field test on such a rifle. So here are the rules.

Any member can recommend any other member for this task. You can not recommend yourself, and I will disqualify myself as should Jim Broadnax since it would be difficult for either of us to be totally unbiased. (I'm smiling Jim!)
Please make only one recommendation each.

Things to keep in mind:
We want the person who gets the most recommendations to be able to accept the job. You might want to ask the guy if he will accept before making a recommendation.

Testers qualifications;
Must be of the highest integrity, honest, unbiased, a skilled long range hunter/shooter, a decent writer, and a person willing to tell it like it is. Someone who already has the respect and attention of other members. He also must have the facilities available to him to shoot long distance, and the available time to do an adequate evaluation. He also must be willing to post a thorough and comprehensive evaluation to the appropriate forum..

McMillan will provide the rifle package (including shipping to and from) for a sufficient length of time to allow for a thorough job. We will also provide the ammunition. (I would like recommendations on how many rounds should make a sufficient evaluation). We will also be available to answer any question the evaluator will have.

At McMillan our goal is to make the very best product we can. If honest criticism helps us to improve our products, we will welcome the input.

Lets start the recommendations.

LongTimeLongRanger would be my choice. He is already testing the 338Sin and has the knowledge to do you a good job. Even though I didn't ask him first I feel he would like to do it.

See what I started by asking a few questions, LOL!

Anyone ever watch the hunting show "Extreme Outer Limits?" The guy on there uses what they call the EOL line of Mcmillan Rifles. Has anyone purchased one of these rifles or any knowledge of them. They have information on their website, however, looking for a personal perspective!

I would love to take one to Wyoming with me on my whitetail/muledeer hunt!

I to would recommend LongTimeLongRanger! Not that I know him well, however, he seems to know his stuff when it comes to shooting.

God thats awsome Kelly. I had one of your older guns an M98 it was great, welcome to the site. If I had to suggest some one it would be Buffalobob or Royinidaho.

Just a cavet to my experience with the gunsmiths at McMillan they are great guys I have called them many times about my M98 asking questions, cause I could not find any info on it. They were allways there and willing to help me out.

Long Time Long Ranger

This is in consideration of the fact that Kirby and Shawn are both operating full-time custom gun shops - very backlogged - and busy testing their own products. LTLR has retired from the gun shop / gunsmithing business, with lots of knowledge of guns due to his prior career, and is an AVID shooter and hunter. And he will tell us exactly what he thinks. Not sure he's interested though. He seems to have WAY too much fun playing with his own guns. And, of course, Hunting. :)

Last edited:
It is nice to see that the choices are almost unanimous. I would not be opposed to having any of the guys recommended test my rifle. We at McMillan are very proud of the products and work that we offer and even having well known and well respected gun builder analyze our product does not scare us. I do understand if Kirby or Shawn either one are too busy to take on the project though. Lets make sure before we make a decision that at least one of them is interested in helping us out with this.

I guess we can rap this up if LTLR will accept and contact me to get the process started.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts