Conquest Rapid Z- Low light hunting

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Losthwy, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Losthwy

Losthwy Well-Known Member

Question for those who hunt deer/elk/pronghorn/etc. with a Conquest with a Rapid Z reticle. How has it worked for you at the end of legal light? Hard to see, still useable?

2. overmax

overmax Member

I have 2 3-9x 40's, one with the standard z plex one with the rapid z 600. It appears to me that the rapid z is a little thicker where the hairs cross and at last light is easier to see to me than the z plex, but the z plex seems to draw my eye to the center quicker because of the darker thick section of the crosshairs.

3. pburton

pburton Well-Known Member

I have had a couple 3x9x40's as well. The rapid -z cluttered the sight picture in my opinion. I just could not get used to it. I thought the standard zplex worked better in low light situations. The rapid z did OK. If this is what you are going to go with I would suggest the 50mm objective lense. My buddy has this one with the larger objective and it is much better. Just my opinion though.

4. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

The new version of the RapidZ is much less cluttered. I just looked at it this week at the SHOT show. I did not like the old one at all, and the 2013 version is nice. They are even working on a simpler version for the near future on the "Terra" line of scopes.

5. etisll40

etisll40 Well-Known Member

I you are into 3x9x40 and low light, try the Trijicon, it is a step ahead, I love mine, just awesome in low light or moonlight even.