Concerning chronographs

G

Is there anything that makes the Ohler 35p worth the extra money over the Pact Professional? I just want to accurately measure bullet speed. Are any less likely to be effected by sunlight and therefore more convenient?

Frank,

I'm a contrarian here, I like the CED Millenium. I bought it over the Oehler to replace my PACT1, which sucked. Dillon sells the CED, and they don't sell junk because they have a great return/service policy. The CED can be fitted with an infrared system (I do not have this add on so I cannot speak to it's functionality) that works in total darkness or any low light situation. As a "regular" chronograph, I love it. Low batt. indicator, nice big screen, very sturdy screen setup, large display, separate buttons for all functions, can download to PC with included cable, etc. etc. etc.

I bought mine from a great guy named Jim Ristow at www.shootingsoftware.com/chronographs.htm

Check out his bench tips. Very interesting stuff.

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.