Composite Stocks

Nevada/shooter

Hey guys,

I have a Remington Model 700, 300 win. mag with a 26" barrel. I would like to get away from the wood stock and go with a composite stock. (This is my hunting rifle.)

Any information on some good composite stocks?

Thanks
Steve

You have bunches of options like Bell and carlson, HS Precision, Mcmillan, Choate, Manners, and many more. There are some good places like stockystocks to get them at. My favorite are the manners for comfort and all around performance. You can get them now with bottom metal and built in aluminum bedding block and save some money at the same time.

bobby

When I purchase a composite stock are they difficult to install or should I have a gunsmith handle the duties...?

Thanks

Swapping stocks is about as easy as it gets. I'm sure you will have no problems doing a stock swap but IMHO I believe just about all rifles would benefit from having a gunsmith, at the least, skim bed your new stock.

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but I have a brand new never used HS Precision stock that was a take off from a Remington 300 Win mag 5R for sale. It's dark green with the black spider web thru it.

It depends on which stock you get. With the stocks that have alum bedding blocks most of the time they are a easy job but i have seen some that had problems so it may be best to have someone who has professional experience to take a look at it at least. If you get one that needs bedded then a good gunsmith should do the job to ensure everything is in good working order. Then again i have seen a few that never got bedded and they work just great. It all depends on what you expect out of the rifle and what you want it to do.

Has anyone tried this specific stock?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 Sporter Stocks - Remington 700 BDL w/ Cheekpiece.[/FONT]

This is going to be for my hunting rifle, Remington 300 Win. Mag BDL w/26" barrel.

Thanks
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts