Competition Die Sets

jmatson

I am getting a Savage Model 12 LP in 22-250, does anyone have any coments on the match/competition die sets from the various manufacturers.

I am getting a Savage Model 12 LP in 22-250, does anyone have any coments on the match/competition die sets from the various manufacturers.

If you are sold on buying a set I would get the Redding competition set. Personally I don't buy dies in set because no one maker has everything I want.

I like the Lee Collet Die to neck size, Redding or Forster seater, Redding body die, for a bushing neck size die I like the Forster because you can also bump the shoulders with it.

Forster would be my first pick and Redding my second as a set. If piecing out I have pretty much went along Forester's direction, except the Lee Collet Die which I will purchase sometime in the future.

I use both Redding Competition dies and RCBS Gold Medal dies. I am starting to favor the Gold Medal dies.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.