combined technology bullets?

It does not build up, maybe you cleaning techniques and product aren't cleaning the layer of carbon and copper well. I use a bore scope all the time and the Lubalox in my 06 is not building up and it is not hard to clean, like I said it is not moly which does build up.

I have and use a bore scope often. My 30-06 does not have any build up in it from the Lubalox. It is not a moly which does build up and is hard to clean. Your cleaning products or the way you clean might be a problem, my 06 cleans up quick, I use Deaton's Cun Care Products. Just to make sure I was stating the facts that I have experienced I looked in my barrel again with my bore scope to check since I just clean my rifle last week from a range session with the Combined Technologies 180gr BT that is coated with Lubalox and I have no build up. Don't know what your problem is but I don't have that problem.

I have a Win M70 with the BOSS chambered in 300 Win Mag and have fired many hundreds of Lubalox coated BST bullets and Fail Safe bullets, have not encountered any kind of build up, the BST load still prints 3 shots into a triangular 1/2" group and sometimes better, have used the same load since developing it in 1998....

My positive experiences with the CT Lubalox coated bullets were the direct result of going to coated bullets for all my guns, have used moly but won't again, Have been coating all my bullets with tungsten, both jacketed rifle bullets and hard cast lead bullets for my revolvers......

Like Lubalox the tungsten does not build up and is very easy to clean, moly on the other hand is difficult to remove if allowed to get out of control and will rust under the layers of copper fouling and start pitting your bore

Attachments

• #1-300-Win.-Mag.jpg
    #1-300-Win.-Mag.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 115
i have tried a few of them in different calibers. i have an older 7rm sendero that loves the 140g ones. the gun shoots good with a very wide range of stuff, but the 140ct at about 3000fps (24in barrel) will consistently make tiny groups.

it has been shot a bunch over the years, but i haven't had any problem with cleanup at all with them.

20 years ago when I first bought my win model 70 300WSM Coyote I originally started shooting 150 BST. I thought they were cool looking. They were fast(3350fps), they were accurate, and they put deer down fast. They also depending on my placement damaged alot of meat. Some went all the way through, some made excessive damage on the entry, some came to a stop inside, but they always reeked havoc. Shots were probably all under 150yds. Then I went elk hunting(the reason I bought a .30 cal in the first place) and started shooting 180gr. failsafes(still have a few). They were very accurate, but I cant remember if I ever killed anything with them, maybe a deer, but not an elk, I didn't take the shot when I had the chance, I was waiting for something bigger, and I still am. Then I decided, I would shoot 165gr. BT and/or AB, a happy medium between elk and deer sized game, without having to re-sight in my scope for a different weight bullet. Then I built a custom 260AI and no longer needed a .30 cal for deer sized game so I switched to 180 AB with no intent of ever shooting light weight bullets again in my 300WSM, and so far haven't. Bottom line for me is I've never had any issues with Nosler AB, BT or failsafes, coated or otherwise, of the shelf or handloads, they've all shot accurately and performed as I would have expected. I'm not trying to bragg up Nosler, that's just been my experience. I shoot bergers in my 260AI and my 243 win.

Have shot a bunch of the Nosler Accubond seconds with the lubalox in my 300 win mag and no trace of build up and barrel cleans up easily

Recent Posts