Combined technologies .308

Lexthepilot

Hey guys just out of curiosity does anyone have experience with the combined technologies ballistic silvertip bullets? looks like a good solution to copper fouling so long as this bullet material doesnt foul your barrel the same way...anyone have any experience or comments they can share? much appreciated.

Hey guys just out of curiosity does anyone have experience with the combined technologies ballistic silvertip bullets? looks like a good solution to copper fouling so long as this bullet material doesnt foul your barrel the same way...anyone have any experience or comments they can share? much appreciated.

I shoot them through my 300WSM, and like them a lot.
It does take a couple foulers before it settles down and starts shooting like I know she can.
Really no difference between a standard copper jacketed bullet and these for hte most part. The coating does give me a couple FPS more, no difference in cleaning, and identical terminal performance to the Nosler BT of the same weight.
I suspect the only real difference is the coating and the color of the ballistic tip thingy.

Whitetails are DRT inside 300 with a well placed shot. Anything inside 100 turns their innards to a red soupy goo. But, I don't have to track them at all!

I use there 180s and they are great but for long range you will benefit from weight sorting as they do have a bit of variation and the occasional way off weight. Sure to be a flier if you don't catch it.

Good tip. Inconsistent bullet weight is something I have never checked before. Makes me wonder if a few other fliers didn't have weight variation to blame as well. Interesting. Lol thanks

The CT coating is not moly, its a proprietary material developed by Winchester. I tried some in a .22-250, did not like the way they shot. I did not chrono them.

Been shooting them consistently since my first trial box of 30 cal 150's when they came to the market. The 150's and 168's are my go to bullet for all my 30 cal rifles and the 95's for all my 6mm hunting needs. After reading some of the comments on the variance in bullet weights I just had to weigh a couple of boxes. Found no measurable variation in the weights, but I tend to buy thru a friend every couple of years in very large quantities so I am probably getting the same run or lot of inventory.

Tried sample boxes of all the "latest and greatest", but have not found anything to compare with the CT's as yet.

like someone else said, they are powerful medicine on deer, but i get better groups with sierra game kings....my best loads with the cts measure 1.5 out of my 06...SGK i get half that...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.