Comb Raiser

Gandolf1

Guys

I have seen a number of your fine weapons with comb raisers on them (I am having trouble getting my cheek weld consistant) I am using a Rem 700 LS with a nightforce and need one like yours that is secured with velcro. Where do I get one?

Thanks in advance and happy 4th July

Suggest that you consider contacting one of our regulars here who just happens to market a great adjustable cheekpiece for Remington rifles - not sure if he has one for the LS but you can certainly find out.

www.defensiveedge.net

Very nicely made and easy to install. Better adjustment ability than the Eagle stock packs that you might be seeing on some of our rifles.

Ian M many thanks for that I need quite a high one and tried the usual places like Cabela's etc. I have a rem 700 .223 with a wooden laminated stock carrying a nightforce scope and I think I need about 3 inches, is it me or does everybody have the same problem with cheek weld? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Blackhawk also introduced a really high stockpack, you might check it also. Problem is these are not adjustable, you might need that to remove your bolt. Pain in the butt taking off the stock pack each time you clean the barrel.

One other that you might look at is the Thompson Center muzzle loader cheek peice comb raiser. It appears to be fairly high, is strap on or screw on and can be worked on with a tool to reshape it (so they claim). Muzzleloaders really have low combs although the new inlines are gettting better.

The reason most of my guns are so ugly is I just take a saw to the comb and cut it off and epoxy in a taller peice of wood and work it over with a rasp until it feels good. They look really bad because I am not a craftsman but I get the stock weld I want.

BB

Have you a website I can look at please?

IanM I have a comb raiser from Cabelas it is a lace up and its a right pain in the A*** to remove and then clean the rifle hence my question regarding alternatives....... I'm desperate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This was listed in the new Cabelas Fall shooting Catalog in the muzzle laoding section under TC. On line it is in the military tactical section. Who knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...&hasJS=true

Accu-Riser Cheek Pad
Raise your sighting plane to the level of your scope and improve your accuracy with your firearm. Molded from a flexible rubber compound that flexes to fit the exact shape of your stock, these pads give you a fast sight picture, more comfortable head positioning and a steadier hold. Available in a removable Velcro®-strap model and a permanent model that's mounted with two screws. The pad can be sanded down for a perfect fit.
Available: Strap-On, Permanent Mount.

Now then go up the forum to see Kregg Slacks two mile varmint gun and see what he did for the comb and you might ask him about it. That is a real comb.

http://www.parrysgunsmithing.com/twomilehits.htm

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.