Colorado Preference Points Expiration

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Do points earned expire after a certain time if one doesn't continue to apply each year?

Jerry at Fish and Game just told me a new rule was enacted last year...

"if you do not apply at least once within 3 consecutive years...your points are lost for that species.Purging begins after the 2007 draw."

So if I apply again in 2007 my points are safe until 2010 when I must apply again.

Page 3(5) at:
Regs

[ QUOTE ]
Jerry at Fish and Game just told me a new rule was enacted last year...

"if you do not apply at least once within 3 consecutive years...your points are lost for that species.Purging begins after the 2007 draw."

So if I apply again in 2007 my points are safe until 2010 when I must apply again.

Page 3(5) at:
Regs

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not apply between 2007-2010 and pile up the preference points (can you really have too many)? I do it online, and it works like a charm. An additional change is that they only take as many points as needed to draw the tag. In the past, you lost all points once you drew a tag. Slowly, the CDOW is entering an era where "points" act as currency (circa 2500 BC).

The online option was new for last year. I thought the system worked pretty well and avoids problems with scanning the application forms, and writing all the separate checks.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.