Colorado Mule Deer Down

sambo,
Nice buck, congratulations. I really like the 150gn Ballistic Tip in my 7Mag also. I have been shooting that bullet for at least 10 years and it performs great on deer. I took a 250-300lb black bear earlier this year with that bullet. It went through both shoulders and kilt him deader than a door nail at 15 steps! JohnnyK.

Sambo, have you noticed many changes in the last year or so with area 62? I have been thinking about putting in for that season 4 rut hunt but have been hearing mixed results on the quality of the area. Some people think its a winter kill and some have said poor management. What's your opinion on the late season?

I really can't give an educated opinion on the overall health or quality of the deer herd in the unit. I usually hunt for elk and don't pay much attention to deer. I've never hunted any later than second season so I don't know about the later season hunts.
You might want to go over to 24hourcampfire.com — "BIG EYES: Seeing Is Believing" (Rick Bin) as I know there are a lot of guys who live in the western states who frequent that site. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.