Cold bore Mapping 338 edge imp 2115 yards.

HuntFarther

Just before hunting season I was cold bore mapping my 338 edge imp. With the 300 grain bergers at 2955 fps and 2988 fps. I have to say I was pleased going into hunting season. Last two shots before the season started. This day I shot once and was going home then received a call and was on the phone long enough to let the barrel cool back to cold bore state. So shot the next shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random question, but what camera/camera setup did you use to film this? How much zoom does it have? Model number?

Looking for something to do some ELR filming.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Great shooting and nice rig, btw. Just finished putting a 338 Edge together myself for my ELR rig. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks. I am using a cannon xha1 it only has 20x zoom. If you are wanting to film past 1000 yards get something else. This is not the answer. IT was just the best camera at the time. And I was only wanting to film my hunting shots to 1000 yards. You will see I have another film that I did at 2480 yards.

Attachments

• Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 17
Hello again, I sent you a message asking about the rear adjustable support, manufacturer and how much, however some how I lost your answer before I had the chance to read it-will you resend it?
Thanx,
Tom

Hello again, I sent you a message asking about the rear adjustable support, manufacturer and how much, however some how I lost your answer before I had the chance to read it-will you resend it?
Thanx,
Tom

lightbulbLook at the link on post #10 .lightbulb

P.S. Len Backus the site owner sells them too.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.