Cold Bore Challenge

Working on it. My cam is super crapy and old. Mini cassettes. There is a communication issue now. I have about 4 hours wasted now. Ugh. Calling a buddy tomorrow to see if he can help.

Not sure If I will make it out to do the shot today. Got home from doing yesterdays shoot and the truck tire was leaking air pretty bad, and was flat within an hour.. And I need to go do safety and emissions so I can get it licensed.

Working on it. My cam is super crapy and old. Mini cassettes. There is a communication issue now. I have about 4 hours wasted now. Ugh. Calling a buddy tomorrow to see if he can help.

I am having the same problem!
It all started when I bought a new computer and the new video card doesn't seem to support the camera...Time fore a new one I guess.

I am having the same problem!
It all started when I bought a new computer and the new video card doesn't seem to support the camera...Time fore a new one I guess.

I just built a new one a few days before I started this Challenge, One word of advice. SSD hard drives are SWEET!

Great thread, thanks for sharing your experiences! I have had no time to shoot lately and it's killing me!!! Your helping me get through it!

OK, so my lap top will not recognize the "device". There is a CD that came with the camera and I installed it on the computer but it is simpy Imagemixer, not a USB com software cd. The real problem is recognizing the device. I brought it to work today and tried it here as well, still not working. I am not sure if the USB port on the camera is bad or the signal the port and camera send to the computer is not recognized due to format. Frustrated.

I did watch the vid on the TV and now remember why I stopped using this camera. Parts of the vid are corrupted with blockish lines across the screen which renders the vid useless in places. I do have close in shots from Saturday, the 392 and 677 yarders are good. The 995 yard shots are not good. That really bums me out. In fact I shot 4 rounds at 677 Saturday and 3 were not corrupted. The 4th was, dang.

Sunday's shots are mostly good. The first shot at 643 looks like a right miss on video. The 2nd shot looks like it just hit right side of rock. We were both confused as we both thought the impacts were good. Unless there is rock under the dirt and right next the rock I was shooting, it made a distinct rock impact sound. At this point I am calling first shot a miss and the 2nd of course does not count. The shot at 921 looks good.

One thing I noticed about my crappy vid work and low zoom level is the target I see in the scope and what you see on camera are honor system type things. once I figure out to get the vid on the computer you will see what I mean.

Time for a new cam for sure. This sucks.

Hey guys,
If you're looking to do some longrange video, go to tinesup.com and check out what they're selling. I bought a canon GL2 last winter, because my video camera sucked for longrange kills. The canon GL2 doesn't do any better than my walmart cheapy at long range. And to get a zoom lense for it, it cost major $$. However, I just recieved my scopecam kit last week. And now I will be able to do some great longrange stuff for a fraction of the price. Wish I would of did a little more research before buying the GL2. I put my scopecam on my 15X56 swarvoski bino's, and played around with it the day I got it. Blows my other two cameras away. Now, I just ordered a vortex spotting scope and an adapter yesterday, so I will be able to video even farther. There are videos on youtube. Just type in scopecam tinesup. Reggie is who I spoke with and ordered my stuff from. Great customer service. Very helpful. Check it out. You'll be glad you did.
I'm waiting on my new rifle, or I would already be trying to get my coldbore videos on here. Hurry hurry kirby allen.lol

Sony handy cam and it uses tapes, mini DV. It only has 10x optical zoom as well. Digital zoom on this unit is worthless. I would be better off using my iPod behind my spotter at this point I think.
Need to if I can record the vid from the cam to a DVD off the tv. Ugh.

Yeah trying to capture video on to the computer really is a slow process,

I built a camera adapter for my old iphone and spotting scope I used to have. It worked very well. If you have a phone that records good video, and a decent spotting scope or whatever, adapters are pretty easy to make

gun)

I chose to Just buy a better video camera with a good OPTICAL zoom... digital zoom is JUNK. and I wanted a stand alone unit. One that did not take up my phone or my spotting scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.