Clearidge scope - enough edjustment to 1,000 yards?

Cruizin

I'm building a 6.5 x 284 pistol and I'm planning on using a rifle scope. I just purchased a clearidge that is working really nice on my 7wsm rifle. It was only 550 or so and it seems to be right with the nightforce I have on another rifle. The tracking thus far is spot on. I zeroed the rifle at 100 then shot at 600 700 and 800 yards then went back to 100 and was in the same group. The clearidge I went with is a 2.5 x 12.5 and has 3.9" eye relief and 90 moa total elevation adjustment. I was thinking about getting one for my 6.5 x 284 pistol that I'm building. After mounting this on my 7wsm with a 20 moa base my zero puts me at 20 moa so I actually have 70 moa adjustment left which is actually equal to my nightforce since its zero ended up being at 40 moa. Anyways I was wondering if you feel I will have enough adjustment in the clearidge on my 6.5 x 284 to get out to 1k. I don't think I will be shooting much further than that with the pistol atleast for a while. I have a 17 inch barrel ordered for the pistol. Can someone share their loads with me so I can run some numbers in exbal and see where I might max out at with the clearidge. The glass in the clearidge isn't as good as the nightforce but the clearidge lets more light in since the nightforce is 5.5x22x56.

Please give my your thoughts on what you think I should do for a scope. Also I've been reading a little about bases for pistols and would love some recomendations there as well. I'm building off a savage target action and ordered a stock from Neal Cooper.

I'm building a 6.5 x 284 pistol and I'm planning on using a rifle scope. I just purchased a clearidge that is working really nice on my 7wsm rifle. It was only 550 or so and it seems to be right with the nightforce I have on another rifle. The tracking thus far is spot on. I zeroed the rifle at 100 then shot at 600 700 and 800 yards then went back to 100 and was in the same group. The clearidge I went with is a 2.5 x 12.5 and has 3.9" eye relief and 90 moa total elevation adjustment. I was thinking about getting one for my 6.5 x 284 pistol that I'm building. After mounting this on my 7wsm with a 20 moa base my zero puts me at 20 moa so I actually have 70 moa adjustment left which is actually equal to my nightforce since its zero ended up being at 40 moa. Anyways I was wondering if you feel I will have enough adjustment in the clearidge on my 6.5 x 284 to get out to 1k. I don't think I will be shooting much further than that with the pistol atleast for a while. I have a 17 inch barrel ordered for the pistol. Can someone share their loads with me so I can run some numbers in exbal and see where I might max out at with the clearidge. The glass in the clearidge isn't as good as the nightforce but the clearidge lets more light in since the nightforce is 5.5x22x56.

Please give my your thoughts on what you think I should do for a scope. Also I've been reading a little about bases for pistols and would love some recomendations there as well. I'm building off a savage target action and ordered a stock from Neal Cooper.

Figure right at 2700 fps with 140 grain bullets (mine go from 2700-2775).
It will take around 30 MOA to get to 1k-you have enough MOA.
I usually zero at 200 yards-FWIW.
That scope will sure get you started. I use 4.5-14's, 6.5-20's, 6-24, and 8.5-25's on my SP's.
Lapua brass, Fed match primers, H-4350 and 140's have worked great for me every time so far. The 130 Bergers have worked great too.
You will like the 6.5-284:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.