Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Sightron

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Nightforce

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bryceh12321

I just wanted to get some input from everybody on who (In their opinion) makes the clearest glass in the line of rifle scopes. I tried to include most of the top manufacturers in the poll, so forgive me if I forgot any.

Note: I am talking about any model that is made by the company, any price.

Last edited:
As much as I like sightron optics the clearest glass has to go to Schmidt & Bender. There glass is the standard by which everyone else is measured.

This is a topic where opinions will vary greatly but you left the best off the list IMO.
1 Leupold I think they are great and have used them for years but might not be the greatest glass.
2 S&B great glass but over rated and even more over priced
3 USO same as #2
4 Zeiss Have some great models and good glass but some not so good so do your homework
5 Sightron some of their lower models have the worst glass I have ever seen, the SIII is supposed to be world class but it is hard to be completely un-bias when some of their stuff is so bad.
6 Nightforce very good but not great and not as over priced as S&B and USO.

Check out the new MARCH scopes, they have taken optic's to a new level as far as performance and price.
UB

To say that S&B, US Optics are over priced will get no arguement from me, a lot of things cost more than I think they should. To call them over rated is a bit much IMHO. I have seen the resolution from a S&B 5X25X56 PMll rival my Swarovski ATS 20X60X80 Spotting scope. Think about this a rifle scope with as much resoulution and clarity as a spotter. Not over rated at all IMHO. The US Optics that I have seen are righ there with S&B to my eyes

Very interested in following this thread. I haven't used enough different scopes to participate. I have used weaver, bushnell, probably 12 to 15 Leupolds and now have a Nightforce coming. For the money Leupold has been mighty good but with my limited experience I am not in a position to compare. Thanks to those who have used a number of different ones for sharing your experiences.

Amazing,

I own Leupold, Nightforce, Burris, Zeiss. I voted for S&B. ??? Not much brand loyalty on my part :rolleyes:

Although I have a 1-4x Leupold that is pretty darn clear on 1x.

Picking a single attribute like clarity to talk about is not completely relevant.

AJ

the only reason i chimed in was because i recently had the privilege of looking through most of the scopes listed side by side at the same time. the scope that was the "best of show" was the Premier Heritage. i don't consider myself an optics guru by a long shot, but myself and about 10 other people,encluding a female that had never looked through a scope in her life, all agreed the Heritage was the best.

This is a topic where opinions will vary greatly but you left the best off the list IMO.
1 Leupold I think they are great and have used them for years but might not be the greatest glass.
2 S&B great glass but over rated and even more over priced
3 USO same as #2
4 Zeiss Have some great models and good glass but some not so good so do your homework
5 Sightron some of their lower models have the worst glass I have ever seen, the SIII is supposed to be world class but it is hard to be completely un-bias when some of their stuff is so bad.
6 Nightforce very good but not great and not as over priced as S&B and USO.

Check out the new MARCH scopes, they have taken optic's to a new level as far as performance and price.
UB

Do you know of any stores online that carry them? Or even MARCH's website??? I can't find anything except I seen a video of like a 60x50mm. These scopes sound ridiculous (in a good way). I'm just curious as to how much they run, and what all models the company has made.

Right now March does not make a great variety of scopes, they started out a couple years ago with only BR model's . they make a 40,50 and 60X52 BR model's but their new variable should be amazing a 10x60x52.
The exclusive distributer is Kelbly's at Kelbly.com
UB
with a 10x60x52 you dont really need many model's

I own everything in the poll except Sightron and several models of each as well and I have performed extensive evaluations. For this question it is close-------USO and S&B are close during the day with S&B getting a VERY slight nod. During low light and night shooting the USO gets the nod.

Overall----I like USO.

Right now March does not make a great variety of scopes, they started out a couple years ago with only BR model's . they make a 40,50 and 60X52 BR model's but their new variable should be amazing a 10x60x52.
The exclusive distributer is Kelbly's at Kelbly.com
UB
with a 10x60x52 you dont really need many model's

March Scopes now include a 1X10 and a 2.5X25 Tactical style scopes, they were unveiled at the shot show. I do no think that the production models have shown up at Kelby's yet. At least they had not when I asked about them.

S&B and Us Optics and Nightforce are the gold standards for reliability and optics IMHO and expeirence

A few of the test that US Optics put their scope tubes through

Driving nails

HammerUSO.jpg

Supporting an F-150

260472166.jpg

And the toughest torture test imagingable

USOTortureTest.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.