Cleaning rod guides

Jimm

Hi y'all,

Anyone using the stoneypoint guides or the sinclair ? Just wondering what seems to work the best .As always your input is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah! other brands as well.
Thanks, Jim

I use the Stoney Point all in one bore guide. It seems to work well and adapts to many different calibers and actions. Can't speak for other brands as this is all have used.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi y'all,

...Oh yeah! other brands as well.
Thanks, Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt, you need to contact Mike Lucas and use his 2 piece bore guides. Phone: 803-356-0282.

They are the ONLY bore guides I use, have ever used, and ever recommend. Stoney Point is good, Sinclair is good. Lucas 2 piece bore guides are excellent.

jimm,
I take the middle ground stoney point makes many fine products but a bore guide is not one of them, lucas does make the best bore guide but sinclair is not bad for far less money (yes I own all 3) my advice buy a sinclair and spend your extra money on a better bullet.
B

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I checked (yesterday) they were $35
Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is your chamber throat worth?

JB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Apart from using the finest cleaning rods in the world made here in good old Blighty by Parker Hale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, although i must admit with adaptors to fit Sinclair and Pro-shot Jags (Parker Hale jags are crap) i have some bore guides which seem to be a hybrid of the Sinclair and the Stoney point.

I cannot remember the name of the manufacturer but they consist of a one piece aluminium tube with a solvent port machined in one end and O ring grooves in the other to seal the chamber. The uaual locking collar that fits the action is present and the whole thing comes in different diameters and "O" rings to siut your given calibre.

Ian.

"I mean't to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way "

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts