Cleaning Lube on Resized Brass

Too funny. I do the same thing before i get going. Brake cleaner and all.

I believe in keeping the bore clean. The thing I don't like about sizing wax or lotion lubes is you always run the risk of entrapped air (in the upper die) and caving in the shoulder, not so with One Stuck....lol

I believe the mistake most people make with 'One Stuck' is they don't apply enough (because you really can't see it or feel it on the case) and two, they don't let it dry after application.

One Shot is a dry film release agent, not wet, so it has be dried on the case before the case is sized and you can't be frugal with application, which, is why I use the 'making bread method' in a zip lock bag.

You add a 'fog' in the bag, 'make bread' for a minute or two and dump the contents on your reloading bench or in a plastic pail and let them dry off for 10 minutes or so prior to sizing.

Sizing wet is a no-no and 'A little squirt will do ya' is a recipe for a stuck case.

Finally, shake the can a while. It has a ball inside for a reason, that reason being the release agent separates from the carrier when it sits. It needs agitating.

I've did direct comparison (by feel of course) in the effort needed to size a particular caliber (in this case a 308 case in a FL die) with One Stuck, Imperial Sizing Wax, RCBS Case Lube commercial drawing/release compound (the stuff you use when deep drawing in a press and die, which happens to be very messy BTW) and I cannot 'feel' any appreciable difference in effort on the actuation lever on a Rock Chucker, and, I can feel when the case is starting to seize in the die bore and the eminent 'rip the case head flange off' is about to occur.

Believe me, I've ripped a few off before.....:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.