cleaning chamber

Akkill

hello there, well i have troubles cleaning a chamber in a rem 7400 , what kind of solvent, foam or cleaner should i use ar any tool recomended for the job this trouble is causing jamming.
ooo 1 more question qhere to buy or order the items required.

thx guys for your time and advice

you can get a chamber cleaning tool and lug cleaning tool from Midway USA the chamber tool is basically a wool mop threaded to a plastic stick the lug tool uses the same gauze cylinders that the Dentist puts in your mouth its attached to another plastic stick. if your chamber is really dirty use some Isso bore paste and follow with solvent to wash out the abrasive if not too dirty just use some Kroil

good luck

bshaw

i been using rods and bronze brush conbined whit remington bore cleaner i don't know if this is a good metod or i'm using the wrong solvent , i will try your metod and if it works for me (hope so LOL) if not maybe i have to dissasenble the bolt, firing pin, extractor etc.

I think you are going to have a hell of a time getting that "plastic stick" to bend enough to get it into a 7400 chamber and, still do a good job of cleaning the chamber.

The Rem 7400's and 7600's come with a chamber brush. It's bronze and has a bent wire handle.

CJ Weapons make the Chamber Maid kits. Available from Brownells for less than $10. PN 100-003-010AB (30/06).

I've been having luck with Birchwood Casey Bore Scrubber from the spray bottle. Don't forget to remove the trigger group to keep the solvet out.

thx guys , some rifles like this one are dificult to reach the chamber, having the right tools and a good set of cleaning products allways help, i will try birchwood scruber and follow your recomendations if the problem persist i'll let you know.

I allways ask for a good advice LOL Thx again.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.