• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Chrony

adam330

Does anybody have a chronograph they would be willing to let me borrow for a week or so? I would be willing to pay all the shipping cost, plus a small fee if needed!

Thanks,
Adam

Yes I am aware of the price. I fugure shipping both ways should only cost 30-40 bucks. So why not try to save up to 70 dollars if I can? Guess im just cheap!

Using a chrony once will only give you what happened on that day. If you just want velocity for factory ammo, it should be cheaper to find someone locally that would set theirs' up for you and show you how to use it. If you are handloading, one time will not really do you any good, as you will have it available for only that one day. If you are just going to make up one load and be satisfied with whatever it gives you, one of the locals is still your best bet.
I am trying to envision a scenario where a one-time use would be beneficial enough to justify $30-40 expense, but it's not coming to me. It can be very enlightening to use a chrony for working up a load, but that doesn't sound like that is what you are doing.

Thanks for all of your input Jeff. I have already found a good load as far as grouping goes, now i just need to find out my velocity, es and sd. Seems that I wont have much luck trying to borrow one. I guess ill take everyones advice and scrounge up some money and invest it one.

Thanks,
Adam

Check with your local gun club. Odds are someone has one. I saw a member using one a couple of days ago, and I know others own them too.

It will be hard finding someone to let you "borrow" theirs, but you should be able to find someone to set theirs up for you and help you use it. I know, even with my cheap Chrony, I would be hesitant to let just anyone use it. For all I know, they would shoot it and I would be out the unit. It's not like you are asking to borrow a set of dies that almost cannot be screwed up, this is something that is placed in the line of fire, and you may know a guy called "Murphy"? Or even "Dumbazz" for that matter! Talk with come locals and tell them what you are looking for, you will probably find someone that can help.

Does anybody have a chronograph they would be willing to let me borrow for a week or so? I would be willing to pay all the shipping cost, plus a small fee if needed!

Thanks,
Adam

You bet but of course if you shoot it you buy it.

No fee needed.

ProChrono Digital.

Do you have a tripod or are you going to place it on a table or something?

Just to reiterate, if you shoot it you buy it at full retail price plus shipping OK?

Send me a PM.

Thanks for the offer but since this post was started a friend has bought one that i have access to. I do appreciate the offer though.