Chrony NOT working AGAIN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newmexkid, Nov 17, 2011.

1. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

OK. The day started bad enough.Had to return to the house twice before I headed for the range. Only had 45 minutes to sight in a new scope, get a group at 100 yards, finish up at 200 yards and run the load through the Chrony. So I was rushed to say the least. Now, sitting here at home I can't figure why my Chrony doesn't want to work any longer. Help!!

Attached Files:

2. LRSickle

LRSickle Well-Known Member

I think I know what your problem is there buddy. That bullet hole. I'm thinking the bullet went too close to your battery and scared all the juice out of it. Yup, bet that's it.

I'd sit here and make fun of you but I did the same thing quite a few years ago. Back then Crony had a replacement policy that would let you trade your gut-shot Crony in for new one. Just once though. I'm not sure if they do that anymore.

3. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

Don't feel too badly. I've read of guys that have shot their Chronys on purpose, out of frustration that they were finicky, temperamental, unreliable, and otherwise problematic. One guy said the best bullet he ever fired with a Chrony was the one he fired through it - purposefully.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  4. gunpower

gunpower Well-Known Member

It looks like you are going to go back to the range to re sight that new scope again.!! lightbulb

5. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

Nope. I called and asked.