Chris Kyle Shot

This is a terrible story but to set the record straight the guy who shot him wasn't just there to steal a truck. He was a fellow veteran suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. I'm not trying to defend what he did but he was suffering from mental illness not just some jerk trying to steal a truck.

That being said Chris Kyle was a great man who, even after leaving the military still devoted a lot of his time to helping veterans recover from ptsd (what he was doing that day at the range) and should be remembered as a hero.

TRAGEDY APPAULLING I dont have the words... I agree with what has been said here to the fullest a true PATRIOT lost his life trying to help a fellow veteran.

You know i did my time i retired in 2011. I did my tours I saw stuff that no one needs to see. I lost close friends that i will never get back. I got back from the worst tour and they blanket coated our records to reflect PTSD... Do i have it hell i dont know could i maybe is it going to make me do something like this. I cant answer for all but i can for me and the answer is hell NO....

As far as the public liberal MFHB. I dont want to get started they live in a free land that was kept that way by the blood and lives of men who thought it worth saving worth laying down there lives to defend the way of life we all loved. With the country as it is now would i do over 20 yrs again honestly I DONT KNOW..... It is things like this that make me that way... WHY?????

ALL my thoughts and prayers are with Chris's family friends and those of his buddy who went with him to try to help... May god bless u all.

For some reason, I didn't hear the news until the Monday afterwards. I, among most of us, have also read Chris' book.

You get to know who Chris Kyle is, you get to know his wife and their personal struggles. You obtain a greater understand of a soldier struggling to fit back into a lifestyle long forgotten.... In essence, you become an unaquainted friend when you turn that last page.

I have to admit, I was physically shaken when I heard what had happened. To properly put into words, the whirlwind of sorrow, animosity, angst, hatred & confusion that surged thru me that day are far better left to the like of Edgar Allen Poe.

One of our finest, lost in such a way is ..........................

RIP

A very sad and heart sickening tragedy. When I opened the linked article I didn't see the rude comments and I'm glad I didn't. If I ever hear one I'll probably get arrested for assault. I grew up during the Vietnam War and remember quite well how those vets were treated and if any of you Nam vets are reading this, God Bless you and thank you for your service. One of my great pleasures during my years in the AF was ****ing on Jane Fonda urinal stickers.

My prayers and sympathies to Chris Kyles families and friends.

I guess what realy bothers me is the fact that our President, who has been jumping on every gun related matter , has not spoken up for this great guy what a jackass!

I guess what realy bothers me is the fact that our President, who has been jumping on every gun related matter , has not spoken up for this great guy what a jackass!

Yeah, well would you expect him to? He is the most phoniest and two faced person on this earth. It would just be cheap.

RIP Chris

Randy

TRAGEDY APPAULLING I dont have the words... I agree with what has been said here to the fullest a true PATRIOT lost his life trying to help a fellow veteran.

You know i did my time i retired in 2011. I did my tours I saw stuff that no one needs to see. I lost close friends that i will never get back. I got back from the worst tour and they blanket coated our records to reflect PTSD... Do i have it hell i dont know could i maybe is it going to make me do something like this. I cant answer for all but i can for me and the answer is hell NO....

As far as the public liberal MFHB. I dont want to get started they live in a free land that was kept that way by the blood and lives of men who thought it worth saving worth laying down there lives to defend the way of life we all loved. With the country as it is now would i do over 20 yrs again honestly I DONT KNOW..... It is things like this that make me that way... WHY?????

ALL my thoughts and prayers are with Chris's family friends and those of his buddy who went with him to try to help... May god bless u all.

I havent read his book but from reading all of you guys posts , I can tell he was truly an ALL American !! I did read the link from the OP and Chris was someone that we all wish we could be .

257WTBY I want to thank you for your service . My family and I can lay down and wake up in a free country every day and I realize and appreciate the high cost that you and your friends have payed for me to do that !! Just felt the need to thank you publicly .

Very sad.

The only thing I want to add is my belief that the world isn't as bad as youtube comments make it sound. there are trolls on youtube who post the same negative crap, often racial or anything else they think will get a reaction, on every video just to try to get attention. Don't let the vocal minorty of trolls get you down.

That said, there aren't as many good Americans supporting traditional values as we need.

Stay diligent,
Jerry

I only live about 10 miles from where he lived... The flags in the area have been at half mast... Such a sad sad situation... It's a mad world.

I like many of you was shaken when I heard the news. This is an incredible tragedy. I read his book as well and what a hell of a man. It truly makes you appreciate our soldiers,marines, all armed forces and especially our spec ops guys.

Its time america takes better care of our troops. Get them the help they need. God bless our troops and God BlessChris and his family. My prayers are with them. And the other gentlemen with as well, im sorry I dont know his name.

Lastly, there is a fund set up for both families. Go to Craft International's website and the link is there. Maybe someone can post the link. Im having trouble with it from my phone.

Its time our country gets it sh+t together..

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.