Choosing a custom Rifle Maker

I wouldn't overlook the custom rifles available right here on this site. The components they use are certainly top notch and are conducive to long range accuracy. I'm new to the site and don't know Len from Adam, however, it appears he makes a nice rifle. The one review I read about the rifle was very good, and don't overlook the 4-6 week build time. Most in the industry are 6-9 months. Just curious, has anyone shot or own one of these rifles? Been drooling over that 6.5-284.

Firecat,

Please consider adding Thoroughbred Rifles to your short list. The guys on this thread have given great advice and all their recommendations are very good. Please give a look at our website Custom hunting Rifle and fell free to give me a call at your convenience.

Best Regards
Dale Troutt
214.704.4700 cell

R.W. Hart built my 6.5-.284 benchrest rifle and accurized several of my factory guns. Workmanship was flawless and the wait was short compared to a lot of smiths I have heard about. Prices are very reasonable as well. You can check them out at www.rwhart.com

If you have any questions you can talk to Bobby and he will help you out in terms everyone can understand and won't talk over your head.

I over heard an outfitter at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year at the Hart booth. He stated that he has guided thousands of hunters and shot many of their rifles and he was there to buy a Hart because they stood head and shoulders above the rest when it came to accuracy.

Just my .02 worth.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.