CHOATE Inletting for CDI

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jpbaker, May 24, 2012.

1. jpbaker

jpbaker Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

I picked up a Choate Tactical stock and a CDI Bottom metal for AICS mags.

Now the bottom of the Choate action area has a rised lip about 1-1.5" from the back the rise is about 1/4" high. and its just around the edge. I dunno how to explaine it. I will put up pics tomorrow.

The CDI metal would fit perfictly if it wasnt for that little lip in the back.

So I guess the question is, do I modify the Bottom metal, or do I modify the stock, remember it has the aluminum bedding block.

The bottom metal would probably be easily relieved, but looking for an expert opinion.

TKS
    JPB

2. bowhunthard

bowhunthard Well-Known Member

Actually, if worried about it, call CDI Precision. I believe they will inlet for you, I think they used to do it for free, not sure now.

3. jpbaker

jpbaker Well-Known Member

OK, so I got it finished.

And there was more to it than I thought. I do have a problem though. The bolt wont go back far enough to pick a cartrige out of the mag box.

I called Jeff @ CDI precision and he said that with Savage 10 .223s, the bolt stop bushing on the bolt is a bit to long. So Jeff advised me to grind off a bit to allow the bolt to retract a bit more (only need 16th of an inch). Sould be an easy fix, will try it tonight

TKS
    JPB

4. jkrueger

jkrueger Well-Known Member

The correct long action front bolt baffle can be had for 3.99 from Midway or from Savage

5. vegas steve

vegas steve Well-Known Member

pics?