Chinchaga 338 cal 300 gr bullet vs moose

Great shot.

Great result.

How is it that a moose can find water to fall into even if it's only 10 feet.

Me too.

Moose with a 338 minimum. 338/26-Nosler, 338 RUM, 338 Edge. Probably not 338-378.

Lots of friends to share it with and a big freezer.

Me too.

Moose with a 338 minimum. 338/26-Nosler, 338 RUM, 338 Edge. Probably not 338-378.

Lots of friends to share it with and a big freezer.

338's are perfect for moose, notice how it folded up next to my trail making it an easy recovery by pulling up to it on a 4 wheeler with a meat wagon, I strategically set up these call in type of moose hunts coupled with a steamroller caliber/cartridge most consider overkill but I want it down "now" and not travel 100-200 yards before crashing, in my moose country that can turn into an instantaneous nightmare for recovery

have been playing with the 325 gr 338 caliber Chinchaga bullets and will be testing them on game, maybe a spring black bear and wouldn't hesitate to plug a brown bear with them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Have you noticed any trends with RL33? A lot of guys say it's pretty **** stable.

RL 33 has been very good to me, I use it in my 338 Edge with 300 gr bullets exclusively and several other wildcats, velocity and accuracy has been impressive

RL 33 has been very good to me, I use it in my 338 Edge with 300 gr bullets exclusively and several other wildcats, velocity and accuracy has been impressive

I trust you shoot quite a bit and in AK the temp swings can be extreme.

What have you noticed in regards to temp stability of RL33 when shooting across the temp swings you see in AK?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.