Chiappa put chips in guns

I agree with the guys that say they can/or will be able to read the chip further than 3" away.

Some suggest that you take the grips off and pry of the chip "NOT" just don't buy the brands that
have them.

There is probably some good in it but as with most good things there is always some people that will
find a bad use for it and exploit it.

The word is concealed this would change to OUT OF SITE LICENSE . Law abiding should not have to
alter any weapon. the bad guys will anyway.

Just my beliefs

J E CUSTOM

IMO, it really isn't about the stated intended use of this chip for this firearm. It's about conditioning people to accept them and at a later time, those chips will do quite a bit more than inventory control. If it was only about inventory, the chip would be removable and on the outside. If I remember correctly, the Feds put hidden chips in firearms sold to Drug Cartels in a little operation called Fast and Furious. Of course the criminals removed them so they stopped using chips and just put regular guns in their hands. Anyway... way to alienate your customers Chiappa.

That's a fairly arrogant statement and attitude for the U.S. distributor to make towards potential customers. Wonder what kind of after-sale service you can expect from those guys?

I agree with the guys that say they can/or will be able to read the chip further than 3" away.

Some suggest that you take the grips off and pry of the chip "NOT" just don't buy the brands that
have them.

There is probably some good in it but as with most good things there is always some people that will
find a bad use for it and exploit it.

The word is concealed this would change to OUT OF SITE LICENSE . Law abiding should not have to
alter any weapon. the bad guys will anyway.

Just my beliefs

J E CUSTOM
Yeah, the gov't just "checking up on you" to see where you are with your gun from some new satellite they launched thanks to Space-X or whatever they call it now that they've sold it to an independant firm...

I am a grown man, and a law-abiding citizen who is able to have guns...I don't need someone to be my "gun nanny" watching over me. I have been around guns since I was born, I know how to handle them. I don't need someone checking in on me to make sure I'm doing proper by them. They belong to me, and as long as what I do with them is within the constructs of the law, it's nobody else's business where I carry them or what I do with them and where I am with them.

What bothers me the most about it is that it's just another way for Big Brother to invade your privacy, and that is what ****es me off the most.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.