cheek raise comb for stock.....

Cheekpieces need to be out of the way to remove the bolt and they need to be out of the way for the cleaning rod. If the cheekpeice is left on the stock for cleaning you will most likely get solvent on it so it needs to be nonabsorbent.

The DE cheekpiece meets these criteria easily.

I use the "loggerhead" unit from Terry Cross ,its very sturdy , light weight and the thing easly comes out with the turn of a 3/16" allen wrench but when its tight you will wreck yout stock trying to get it out ,best of all the thing locks in its set hight so you can pop it on and off for cleaning and not loose your set height , here are two rifles with them installed. Granted it does take a bit more work than Shawn's I feel that they are well worth it.

308withcan.jpg

SSG2601.jpg

Last edited:
The one I've made for a long time now has always had a good response from folks as it's quick detachable while still maintaining the height setting. Nice for dropping the bolt out of a long action. Bronze bushed, fully machined, thumbwheel has detents timed with a Warner 1000 yard sight so that if you make an elevation change the cheekpiece moves with it to maintain unaltered sight alignment/stockwell. Won't do you much on a scope gun but it looks/feels cool when you move it.

Just something to think about.

It was on the rifle that won the 2007 world long range championships if that matters any.

cheekpieceview2.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

CharlesclarkpalmaNoNesika.jpg

KyleLeibertrau.jpg

Last edited:
I just use a bit of closed cell foam and insulation tape, works as well as any expensive aftermarket bit of kit

Well I recieved my comb raise from ITC and it's really nice for the $$.

It came with extra long velcro straps and the underside has a non slip
surface, pretty impressive. The top surface is a wet suit material to help
when you sweat, I'm takin' it.

It came with 3 pieces of foam that slip into a sleeve. You can cut out the center
of one piece of foam to create a spot weld, for quick target acquisition.

$26 plus 4 bucks shipping. Now I have to get a rear rest when I lay prone.

Last edited:
I have the Karsteen on three rifles, light and easy to adjust. for hunting its durable and can put up with the weather. install is easy and can be done by you and not have to pay a gunsmith

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.