peak. After a long look thru them, the
affect is not as bad. I can not figure
that one out except maybe that I am left
eye dominant and right eye has slight
astigmatism. Whatever, being able to see
22-250 holes at 600 yds with the 20x
eyepieces just blows my mind!! GEG

Geg

I knew when we talked on the phone, you would like them.
grin.gif

The problem could be your weak eye.

Enjoy
DC

Hello DC, do you know of anything I can do
to help this problem short of getting corrective eye glasses maybe? Do you think
there is a chance that the collimination
could be off just a little to my eyes?
I will try to use your method and see
what it tells me! You are right on target
about how awesome these Spacemasters are!
Is there a chance I will be able to see
the 6.5's at 1000yds if I go to say a
40x eye piece? Even if I can't, maybe
my spotter will be able to see that vapor
trail you talked about!!. Thanks for all
your help and I hope to meet you in person
some day. If you ever get down to south
TEXAS, I'll put you on the biggest wild
hog you ever seen!! Thanks again. GEG

GEG

If you have eye problems it could be the problem but, check the collimation of the glasses. If you bump them hard, they could be knocked out a little bit.

You should be able to see the holes at 1000 yards with the 40X eyepieces unless you have a lot of mirage. Conditions have to be perfect though.

Your spotter can see the trail go right into the target or animal with the bigeyes.

We have been able to see the fur lay down and the bullet hole into the hide at extreme range. This only occurs when everything is perfect for viewing.

The vapor trail is how we get new shooters on target at Williamsport. Same when hunting.

Enjoy the bigeyes.
DC
smile.gif

DC,
I took a gander through baldeagle's bigeyes
last night 1st set was out for me left glass wasn't tight he quickly corrected that. 2nd set was close for me but still pulled my eyes a little. It has to be my eyes. I do not wear my glasses when I use them. I have the very condition mentioned earlier in this thread. When he gets a chance to look through mine he ought to get floored. LOL
cool.gif

Butch

Everybody has different spacing between their eyes as you know. The optics must be set for the person using the glass.
This includes collimation tecniques also.

The only way to get them as perfect as possible is to align both scopes with each other "exactly" (looking at least 1000 yards away)to begin with, then adjust the eye spacing till you have one nice round picture, then focus each eyepiece one at a time while closing the opposit eye.

With eye problems, the owner of the glasses "must" make his own adjustments till the scopes fit him exactly.
Whatever works best for him is the ideal.

Later
DC
smile.gif

Butch Looked threw your Dad,s and was very impressed I don't know what eye pieces he was using BUT WOW I didn't even have to take my glasses off to use em. OR does that mean I have OLD MAN EYES? :-( LOL!

BaldEagle,
That set was the very first set I had, they have some very good eyepieces in them. There have been a lot of deer runnin around in that set of glass. A lot of them hittin the deck too.hehehe
I just walked in the door I have been outside playin with mine for about 2 hours. I'm at a loss. I'll check em in the mornin.
I'll be ready to go when the time comes to wake up and leave. Won't have any trouble going to sleep in the scope tomorrow.
blush.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts