Cheapest way to a lightweight 6.8 spc?

WildcatB

I'm looking to get/build a lightweight 6.8 spc (regular rifle) for my daughter to deer hunt with next year. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this as cheaply as possible?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Another option is a TC Encore, or just the barrel if you already have an encore. I used to have a 6.8, but never hunted with it.

Remington made the model 7 in 6.8 for a while but it's discontinued now. Try to find one used. It should bring $500-$650 depending on the configuration and condition. Otherwise the contender carbine is available in 6.8. I was going to build one for my 11 year old but let her shoot my .243 and she is just fine with it. I am considering buying her the Marlin XS7 youth in .243. It's $269 at the local shop w/o scope or sights. Top it off with a Bushnell Sportsman 4-12 scope for $70 and your well under $400 for a great rifle. If you live in a state where semi auto is allowed( not PA like me) you could consider the Ruger mini 6.8 or an AR with retractable stock and 18" barrel. Great job getting your kids out hunting. I have one that loves it and one that doesn't.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.