CHEAPEST ar15 you've seen

sconnie264

What is the most inexpensive, bare bones AR (223) you can think of? I have my purpose built "Stoner's", but brother wants one that he can adulterate and not feel guilty :D

If your handy, you could find parts for sale in the classifieds on here AR15.com etc, and build one pretty cheap. I'm in the process right now, if you assemble the upper yourself you'll save the most $$$. I think mine will be $450-$500 when I'm done. The problem is staying "cheap" too many good deals on upgrades keep catching my eye.
Cody

that'de be the bare bones S&W MP15... its like $617 @ buds and you can have it shipped and transfered and have under $675 in it.

I'm talking about a rifle ready to shoot... not building one

Palmetto State Armory has some good deals as well. If you watch you can occasionally get their lowers at a pretty good price and a rifle kit through them is well priced.. They seem to be a nice mix of quality and price, IMO....

Right now we have a lgs that is selling Colt AR15A3's and Bushmaster (whatever is just like the colt) Trade in's in great shape $600 for the Colt $675 for the Bushmaster. Really nice guns. My Dad bought one of the Colts, really nice gun. I like my M&P15 Sport better, it doesnt have the dustcover nor a forward assist and I really dont care. I am not living in the desert eating MRE's. But I have taken Prairie Dogs at 262 yards (ranged with a laser rangefinder) one shot. The new Progressive twist 5R barrel that Smith is using is a jewel but you can still get used colts and Bmsters pretty cheap.gun)

Long story short, I bought one for $20 yesterday evening. Panther DPMS.
At the NRA banquet last night, I bought 2 chances for $10 a piece, and they drew my name! Won a Panther DPMS. It's pretty plain and boring, but the price I paid gives me lots of room to upgrade. gun)

I went through the same thing a few weeks ago when I was trying to decide on parts for a .300 Blackout. I was taking my $3k JP with a $2k optics setup out in swamps to hunt pigs, and it killed me to smack it into trees! I wanted to go cheap, but still dependable, so I went with a Noveske Rogue Hunter upper on a Seekins lower. Got a deal on both, so I should be all-in at around $1,300 for a pretty nice rig. I ordered a $399 VX-II 1.5-5 with a custom BDC reticle from Leupold that wouldn't have been my top pick, but it should serve its purpose well. So when I'm done, I will hopefully have a pretty killer pig popper that I'm not too worried about beating up for about a third the price of the JP. Not as cheap as I had hoped for, but still not too terribly expensive.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.