cheaper alternatives

blygy

hi all.. while I save for my Night force I'm looking for another option that won't brake the bank or my head when the wife catches on...

I've seen the Leatherwood, A1-Optic and Barska scopes on ebay..

Any thoughts on any of these???? I will either use it on my 204 I have now and swap the 4200 4-16 to the new 6.5x300win mag that is in the smiths now or just mount it on the 6.5..

Thanks guys..

Blygy

What, may I ask, are you hoping to spend ?

For an alternative scope that will not break the bank and that has an excellent warranty, i would suggest you look at the Sightron II or newer model III.

Bushnell just announced a 4200 tactical at the SHOT show, they are supposed to be shipping soon. Believe it was a 2.5-10 x40, it has a 30mm tube and the one I handled was nice. There is also a new tactical 3200 variable in one inch tube.

Another great scope is their fixed 10x Tactical for under 200 US. Also the SWFA Super Sniper 10X I use is a good scope, cost 300 US. Also check out the Nikon Buckmasters with turrets, they are bright and sharp and reasonable. Available from SIR in Canada.

[ QUOTE ]
Bushnell just announced a 4200 tactical at the SHOT show, they are supposed to be shipping soon. Believe it was a 2.5-10 x40, it has a 30mm tube and the one I handled was nice. There is also a new tactical 3200 variable in one inch tube.

Another great scope is their fixed 10x Tactical for under 200 US. Also the SWFA Super Sniper 10X I use is a good scope, cost 300 US. Also check out the Nikon Buckmasters with turrets, they are bright and sharp and reasonable. Available from SIR in Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

About the 4200 scope, Ian. Did it have 1/4" or MOA click values or 1/8" like they have in their other offerings?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.