Cheap scope surprise

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by dirtboy, Nov 3, 2010.

1. dirtboy

dirtboy Well-Known Member

You know I had a Cheap $120 3x9x40 HAWKE mounted on my 300 wsm. Till I get enought $$ to get something highend. Haven't really shot it in yet,but wow! As far as brightness and clairity I cant tell the difrence to are vari X 3 Leupold 4.5x14x50. I did multipy side by sides during the day and at last minutes of light and the only diffrence between the 2 was about $400.lightbulb

2. kidcoltoutlaw

kidcoltoutlaw Well-Known Member

Wait till you start putting the clicks on it then you will know,

Thanks,Keith

3. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

Bingo

4. dirtboy

dirtboy Well-Known Member

I will let you guys know how I make out when I take her to the range..lol! I hope they stick, if not no big deal the scope is only temporay. I must say though the glass quality was not bad at all to look threw:cool:

5. jasonprox700

jasonprox700 Well-Known Member

I purchased a 1.5-6x40 Hwke Eclipse with the lighted reticle for short range stuff on my DPMS AP4 .308. I also must say that I too am impressed with the clarity and light transmission. I can not speak for windage and elevation as I have no plans for this being a long range rifle, but for the money, you can't go wrong.