Charge weight vs volume, in filled cases - mind blowing discovery?

definitely an interesting thread. I can totally follow the logic here just not sure how it plays out in the real world. I'm stuck on the fact that all of the powders we use for our big magnums are extruded and how the powder settles is always going to be inconsistent.

Are there any ball powders that are slow enough to test this theory? US869? H414? That might help eliminate a variable.

definitely an interesting thread. I can totally follow the logic here just not sure how it plays out in the real world. I'm stuck on the fact that all of the powders we use for our big magnums are extruded and how the powder settles is always going to be inconsistent.

Are there any ball powders that are slow enough to test this theory? US869? H414? That might help eliminate a variable.

Ramshot Magnum falls right between H-1000 & Retumbo on the burn chart. It should work pretty well to test your theory.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.