Changing aRemington long action to short

remcraz

HI
I am wanting to change my Remington 700 300 win. mag to a Remington 7mm saum
Is there any advantages or disadvantages from changing a long action to a short action. This will be a hunting gun only so do I need the extra mag. lengh and will I need any thing to change it to that
Thanks Ted

HI
I am wanting to change my Remington 700 300 win. mag to a Remington 7mm saum
Is there any advantages or disadvantages from changing a long action to a short action. This will be a hunting gun only so do I need the extra mag. lengh and will I need any thing to change it to that
Thanks Ted

There is only one advantage , Bullet seating depth is unlimited (COL). you can shoot any
bullet at any seating depth and still use the magazine.

As far as changing any thing, I allways recomend going to a center feed mag box to aid
feeding of the short fat cases. plus it is easy to tune the mag box and tuning the reciever
rails is more diffacult.

If you already have the rifle and just want to change the caliber, GO for it.

J E CUSTOM

Hi
Thanks for the info. I have the 300 win.mag. and just wanted to change to the 7mm saum I just like the calibur and I didnt wont to but a short action if I didnt have to.
Thanks Again Ted

J E Custom is spot-on as usual.

You will not have any real problems.

Where is Max Meadows, VA?? I am in Falls Church...northern virginia.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.