Changing 7mm to 300 winmag

Limbic

I've shot out my 7mm and now need a new barrel. I wanted to unscrew my shilen barrel and screw on a 300 win mag barrel. Probably a take off till I get an aftermarket barrel. Will I have to do anything to the action? That is my question. I have had the action and boltface trued.

If the action has been blueprinted you may not be able to use a take off barrel the threads may be over sized

I've shot out my 7mm and now need a new barrel. I wanted to unscrew my shilen barrel and screw on a 300 win mag barrel. Probably a take off till I get an aftermarket barrel. Will I have to do anything to the action? That is my question. I have had the action and boltface trued.

If you have a rem. 700 action, I have a new,in box BERGARA .300 win mag bbl, 26" S.S. 1-10 twist, varmint contour. These are pre threaded and chambered so yoiu can do the job yourself. They use a nut (savage style) to set headspace and are extremely accurate. $300.00 shipped to you in lower 48

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.