Chandler, AZ

mullmann03

I live in Chandler AZ and I am looking for a good spot where I can shoot to or past 1000yds. I have tried going East by US60/junction 79 but the area is filled with side by sides and tough to set up targets, not to mention its 50 miles away. I am going to go look at the BLM land west of Maricopa on AZ 238. It's only 28 miles away. I wanted to see if anyone else has a better idea or a place already. Thanks

Mullman, several of the spots west of Maricopa are Clinton era made wilderness areas. I used to shoot 1000+ in Rainbow Valley but the city of Goodyear has annexed all the way to Mobile and are busting shooters there. My son and I go north on 17 to Bloddy Basin to shoot, only an hour drive for us. Plus with an elevation 3500-4000, nearer hunting conditions.

Dosh, the area I am looking at is east of mobile. I didn't see anything about wilderness area but I will check some other maps. I will check good years area but the area I am looking at is pinal not maricopa county. I will check coues.com as well.

Dosh, I checked goodyears map and the piece of BLM land I am looking at is just on the east side of their boundary line, which is also the county line between pinal and Maricopa. I checked Maricopa's and there's ends east of this are as well. I will do some more research and go check out the area. If it's a good spot I will let you know.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.