chamber reamer drawings

rufous

Where can I find drawings online for various chamber reamers? I have searched and searched but cannot find a website that has drawings for lots of different reamers.

My brother is planning to buy a Savage Weather Warrior in 300 WSM and hopes to handload for it. He is concerned that the magazine box might be too short to allow him to seat the bullets out to touch the lands. He called Savage and they said that their magazine boxes are 3" long and that their chambers are reamed to
SAAMI specs but we do not have a drawing of that chamber to know if the bullets will be able to touch lands and still fit in the box. Thanks, Bruin

Call Pacific Tool and Gauge and ask for David. Although he may not provide drawings if you can give him an idea of what bullet you are planning to shoot he can steer you towards the reamer that will fulfill your need.

I do not need a reamer. My brother is buying a factory rifle that is already chambered. We just would llike to see what a SAAMI reamer drawing looks like for the 300 WSM in particular.

I have loaded for and messed with three different brand 300WSM. A Browning A-bolt, a Tikka T3, and a Savage that I don't recall the model no. Every one of them had a tight chamber, and I seriously believe this is the nature of the cartridge. These WSM's are high pressure rounds and if I were you I would be very careful trying to encroach the lands too much. All the above mentioned rifles were handloaded using 165 grain Hornady boattail bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.