chalk another one up for Accubonds

larson1

Just finished my Eastern Oregon Elk hunt with another successful kill for Accubonds. Performance was as expected, 180gr. Accubond 300 win mag, 40 yd shot 1/4 towards me (I know this isn't long range but sometimes it just work's out that way). Passed thru front shoulder, rib, heart, opposite rib and exited. The blood trail was awesome in fresh snow spraying about 3 feet out each side. Of course trailing was not really necessary as the cow only went about 50 ft.

Oregonhtr,

Sounds like you had a nice easy hunt. I missed all draw tags this year which chafes my hide since I heard both deer and elk were plentiful this year in Southeastern Oregon were we hunt. Don where are you located? I know of a Don Larson down in the Coos Bay, Coquille area -

Tyler, sorry not same person, I live in StHelens right on the Columbia river. As far as an easy hunt goes the shot was close in the timber, but the pack was not back to the 4x4. Unfortunately this was a Northside "hair" tag that we waited five years to draw then due too circumstances with my hunting partner our trip was shortened to 4 days instead of all 9. Meat in the freezer is still better than nothing even though I won't have a set of horns to look at all winter.

Just returned from my elk hunt where I shoot a six pt with a 200 gr Accubond with a 300 Ultra traveling 2900 fps at a distance of 240 yds. Entered on left side ribs appox 1-1 1/2" below spine went and stopped up against the hide on the other side. Remaining bullet weight in at 96 grs. Fragments from bullet peppered the spine and destroyed left lung. Bull dropped and did not move.

I'll second it on the 200 accubond. White River Unit just behind Dufur, Oregon. Spike bull 292 yds, 1 shot, high behind shoulder. took out spine and top of lungs, quarter size exit. Bang,flop. 300 ultra 92 gr rl25, 200 accubond, 3150 fps MV. I'll keep using this load as my gun likes it on paper.

I had both 180 & 200 grain Accubonds with me on my Wyoming trip. I decided to use the 180's in my 300 Ultra resulting in one Muley at 430 yds. and 1 bull elk at 405 yards. Both were one shot kills. I recovered only one bullet (from the buck) on the far side against the skin. I'm sold on the AB's - second to Partitions!

180 gr. Accubond, Rem. 9 1/2, 105 grains H870, Rem PSS.
Anyone know where I can get more H870?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.