RAPID CITY, SD 57703

and

DAKOTA MACHINE
Services: Cerakote™
Phone: (605) 578-2191
Email: [email protected]
Address: 20353 AUER RD
WHITEWOOD, SD 57793

Proper prep is time consuming and requires expensive materials. It is not uncommon for a non certified shop to cut corners. Be wary of any shop that is not certified. They may have good looking results but if not factory trained and obligated to adhere to proper surface preparation the durability of the coating will suffer.

Thanks. I was afraid of that. Those were the only guys I knew of and they aren't exactly closeby.

Cerakote is a professionally applied ceramic based coating. It can be applied to plastic and metals. It is far and wawy the most durable and weather resistant finish you can get. The cons ar once applied the only way to get it off is with an abrasive blaster.

You can read up on the product and see many samples in the gallery here. Cerakote Firearm Coatings: Home

Thanks for the info! OP - sorry to thread jack you!

I have to agree with B23 I have had some stuff done by the Carlock's and everything they do is top notch. Their Cerakoting is no exception!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.