Cerakote color pattern suggestions for rifle stock

Like many of the comments above, it's hard to beat a light to medium Grey color. A deer's hair is Grey with a little brown. If you decide on multiple colors, use large patterns. Many military tests have proven that busy, small, camo patterns blend together at longer distances and appear black.
Yeah and it would cost me a fortune. I mostly hunt from a blind, so camo is not necessary, but still cool. Love the old Vietnam jungle pattern.

Looked at a guy's SIG MCX up close today and I think something similar to this is what I am going with for the stock. That would look good and similar to @JAYgs8163 rifle color. Of course, without the extra camo. I will see what they can do.

SIG2.jpg

Use Duracoat on the stock yourself. Yes you can sponge Duracoat, or brush it, or spray it. Less than $150 for stripper, several colors, spray kit from Home Depot, and Duracoat clear coat. WAY better than Krylon.

Here, I ordered liquid matte black, white, and clear. First I sprayed the stock a base coat black and hit a few small metal pieces with black (sling studs, action screws, trigger shoe, magazine release etc). Then I mixed B&W to get greys and sponged them on in several overlapping layers. Finally I sprayed the whole stock in matte clear, probably not necessary. It's VERY durable, totally unaffected by solvents, sun screen, etc.

I had the action, scope rail, bolt, trigger guard etc professionally Cerekoted tungsten grey.

52015189182_26bedeb286_c.jpg
This look is similar to what they will be doing. Just different color schemes.