cell phone/N.F. ballistics software compatibility

sticknstring

I went into the archives and found some "older" cell phone models that were capable of downloading the nightforce software...wondering if anyone has any ballistic software downloaded on a more "current" cell phone model. I just picked up a new blackberry-without thinking I could have gotten something for this purpose also:rolleyes: (I can still bring it back:D)
If you have software downloaded on your phone-which software and cellphone model do you have?

If you are using a "Windows Mobile" now "Window Phone" based software phone you can certainly download Night Force/Exbal for Windows Mobile program. Most PDA's are running "Windows Phone" based software these days. As for the Crackberry I have found one good program called "Gunsim" go online and read the directions not as many bells and wistles as the NF program but drops come out very close and I have used it in a pinch out to 600 yards with no issue. There are instructions for using IPHY instead of MOA and such.

Good luck

If you are using an Android phone the program "SHOOTER" is excellent. It is accurate and fairly easy to use with good display graphics. I have plugged in the same data in it and the NF and one other ballistic program and found the solution from SHOOTER to be right on with the other programs.

Some of the early ballistic apps for cell phones may not have been all that good, but most now have the same capabilities and will give the same solutions as a computer or PDA based program.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.