CED M2 EO error message

nheninge

I have been using the CED M2 chronograph and love it but when I get an EO error (missed start sensor) per the handbook, I have to turn the unit off, and back on to get it to reset the shot. The string of shots just prior are logged and recorded . Pressing the OM (omit) button to omit the shot or the CLR (clear) after the error message does nothing. Otherwise the unit functions fine. Wondering if I have a defective unit or if other shooters have seen the same thing.

I just worked through the same problems. Do you have the IR sky screens? I do and it was a problem with the connections between the arm and the screen on the top. I cleaned them and bent them a little to make a firmer connection. It can be caused by low battery for the sky screens also. The final thing that caused the error was having the screens a little too close and on a shaky mount. I made a solid mount out of rectangular steel tubing under the bottom of it and stopped getting those errors. So after a bunch of frustration those three fixes got things working like I thought they should.

No IR screns, just the regular screens.

I guess what bothers me isn't that I'm getting the E0 message, it's just that I have to restart the *%$(%* thing every time I get the error. I should be able to omit the shot from the string and reshoot. Not the case. Good advice on stabilization though. I have been thinking of getting the IR's and shooting through a black box on sawhorses. It's just getting a little crazy with all the B.S. I have to pack to the range everytime.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.