CED M2 Chronograph ?????

bigbuck

I'm going to buy me a new chronograph but i'm really stumped as which one I should get . I am leaning toward the CED M2 . What do you fellas think about this one . I would like the most accurate chrony on the market so let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree :)

Thanks for your insight in advance.

BigBuck

I got one for my birthday a few months back and I'm pretty happy with it, pretty consistent in different lighting so far. If you want top of the line try to get a new Oehler 35, my BN Commander just let us purchase one. Next time we go to the range I'll take both and line them up and compare performance. Should be in a couple of weeks.

I've had my CED M2 for over a year and I am very happy with it. It is easy to carry, easy to set up and works well. I was going to buy the Oehler 35, but they quit making them. I understand that they are going to sell them again, but the price is very high. I'll keep my CED.

I've had mine for about 5 years now and it's always done the job. Used it in bright sun and on cloudy days with no trouble. Set it up in tandem with the Ced M1 I have and they were within 2 fps of each other. What ever you get make sure you use a good tripod and set up at 16 feeet from the muzzle. I use a surveyors tripod I got at Menard's for $70.00, very sturdy.:D

We spent the weekend on the range with both the new Oehler and my CED II running together, they were only a few fps difference between the two. This was during early morning, bright and cloudy daytime, and late evening. Both were consistent in different lightings.

I have had mine for a few years and like it also, the only problems i have had turned out to be operator error, also their customer service was good returned emails quickly.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.