cci magnum primers??

I would concur, I use the CCI's in all my Magnum calibers, would not use anything else at this point. Very consistant primers!

I would concur, I use the CCI's in all my Magnum calibers, would not use anything else at this point. Very consistent primers!
I use hem becuase they are the only magnum primer I can find at the local gun store. Haven't tried the loads yet but it sounds like I lucked out one some decent primers.

Thanks men for all the help. These are actually working fine for me but I see on this site a bunch of guys using federals and wonderin what the discrepency was between the two if any?

Primer makes do make a difference in accuracy of loads. Different rifles and calibers and different powder bullet combo need different primers to get the best accuracy. I currently use CCI 250s in my 25-06 and 264 Win mag because they give the best accuracy with my load combo in them. You will never know until you try different combos of powders bullets and primers just how well you rifle will shoot. That is what keeps us accuracy nuts up at nights wondering if this or that will work better. It is a sickness. :D

I would say they're pretty consistent. Back in August I shot a .142" 3-shot group with my .300WinMag using them, H1000 and 178gn A-Max's. Before that, the last time I used the 250 was 1/19/08 while doing load development for a .270WSM.
The aforementioned group was my first time trying H1000 and 178gn A-Max's, ever. I've used CCI 250's throughout the years, but sparingly, as the BR2 has been my go to primer for at least 11 years. I say that, as that's when I started a reloading journal.
They shoot good enough with this load that I'll be sure to keep a brick on hand from now on! JohnnyK.

I have been using CCI primers for 20 years or more, I like the 250 magnum primers for my 7mmRemMag, 300WinMag, & 270Win, then I use the 200 Large Rifle Primers in my 30-06Sprg. & 257 Roberts loads...

I use the small rifle CCI 450 mag primer exclusively in my 6mmBR, and most competition shooters do likewise with that caliber. They seem to be very consistent.

I have used Rem and WW large rifle mag primers in larger calibers, never had an issue with them. But, you need to experiment with all primers and other components as well, over a chrono. Magnum rifle calibers do not always require a magnum primer.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.