CCI Benchrest primers any good?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by montana_native, Nov 21, 2008.

1. montana_native

montana_native Well-Known Member

I can't find the match grade Federals anywhere but found somebody with a good supply of the Large Rifle Magnum benchrest primers.

Are they decent?

Thanks.

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I use the BR2 for my savage 308 loads with R15 and I am veary please with them. I also use the #34 for my m14.

So to awnser your question yes I beleve them to bee good primers IMO.

3. dirtball

dirtball Well-Known Member

I do not believe CCI makes a "Large Rifle Magnum" Benchrest primer. Their BR2 is a standard Large Rifle primer. Their Large Rifle Magnum is the CCI 250.
    CCI - Primers

Dave

4. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

I ran out of the Federal "Match" primers after my forth IBS 1 K match. I started using regular Fed 215's. After 10 more matches, plus the IBS Nationals, I could see no difference. I wouldn't sweat it and just buy the regular 215's. I guess I will buy some if they become more readally available, but only AFTER I finish the 5000 regular 215's I baught this summer. You can switch back and forth between match and non match primers, but be carefull when switching brands.....as loads can change dramaticly!!!

5. boomtube

boomtube Well-Known Member

"Are they (CCI) decent?"

Certainly. They wouldn't still be in the market if not. No one makes lousy primers, nor any other components.

6. BHP9

BHP9 Well-Known Member

Yep.

When I can't get the Fed's, I get BR2's.

7. JeffVN

JeffVN Well-Known Member

They shoot fine in my .308 and my .260. I do not believe they make one for a magnum.

JeffVN