Cci benchrest lr primer ?

I asked the boys at the plant the same question many years ago. They told me that the CCI-BR2 is exactly the same as the CCI-200, only that the guy on the production line has to have a certain amount of years in the plant for experience and has to prove the ability to produce extremely consistant primers.

They told me that the only difference between them is that the BR is a more consistant primer from primer to primer compared to the standard version but otherwise the same thing flame and temp wise.

I've been using fed gm215m but can't find any.Would you recomend any other primers in their place. I appreciate any input you may havegun)

I loaded forty rounds of 6.5x284. All things were as close to identical as possible with the only exception being 20 rounds used CCI 200 primers and 20 rounds used the CCI BR2 primers.

Here are my results:

CCI BR2 CCI 200
Low Velocity 2848 2841
High Velocity 2878 2872
Average Vel 2860 2859
Extreme Spread 30 31
Standard Dev. 7.41 9.36

HTH, draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
Yes, I used them extensively in the 7Mag Sendero that I used to have. My go to load was the 150gn NBT pushed by 67.0gn of RL22 and lit by the BR2. Very accurate load in that rifle. JohnnyK.

Thanx,I found 5000 of them in my Dads reloading supply stash from back in the Clinton era,along with 20 lbs of 4350,so Im going to try them with 1 150 gr Nosler VT and 63 grs of 4350,ought to make a good LR P dog round.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.