Cauterucio Bullets

PrimeTime

In case some of you have never tried them, there is a fellow by the name of Bob Cauterucio making some VERY nice custom bullets. They are available in a wide selection of calibers and weights.
These bullets may be the best kept secret out there for the long range hunter. Although many match bullets have a thin jacket, the Cauterucio's are as thick and in some cases thicker, than the Siera MK. They also have higher BC's than the Sierra's in most categories. I will be trying them this fall on deer and will post the results.
The following projectiles will be tested:

6.5, 141 grs. BC-.630
6.5, 129 grs. BC-.610
7mm, 156 grs. BC-.615

The BC's that Bob has are estimations, but seem to be right on when entered in a ballistic program and compared to actual drop.
If you are looking for a new long range hunting bullet, these are definitely worth a try.

PrimeTime

What has the performance of the LRBT been and what caliber have you used them for? What load data do you have?

I'll 2nd Prime Time's recommendation. I shoot the 156s & 176s in a 7mm Remington Ultramag.

The 176s achieved a 198-9x in the Wimbledon Cup at Camp Perry last month. They'll shoot....

dear daveosok

If you get an answer from Nighhawk that will be a miracle since some posts Nighthawk seem confuse to give real informations except I have try , that work and I make ONE HOLE GROUP

No more comment

and if you sucess to get information(s) on LRB
..............let me know .

Another company make nice long range bullet that Clinch River Bullet ( jacqueted match bullet ) in 6.5 and 30 cal .

enjoy real and true informations , share ghost is just loosing time

good shooting

DAN TEC

I'm using a 220 grain J40. THe load data for that round is 96.0-102.0 grains of RL-25. The load I was using on that one was 97.0 grains. Being stuck here in Minnesota I don't have many to go shooting at long range even though we do have a 1000 yard one, but it is costly. I did get one-hole groups from the 100 yard line believe it or not.

Prime Time,

Do they sell the Cauterucio bullets online or have a catalogue? I've heard a lot about these bullets the last couple of years, but I can never seem to find any to try out.

Tim

Tim-
They are available from John Hoover in Pennsylvania (Accuracy One Supply) and directly from Bob Cauterucio. Bob can be reached at 650-583-1550.

Darryl,
Greg Seigmund (spelling?) is who you need to speak with at Clinch River. He makes very good bullets in a process that only himself and Bob use that I'm aware of. CR bullets were used to shoot the IBS LG group record a couple of weeks back, and they have multiple match wins already in 6.5 and 30 caliber.
He's the one the pulls the levers when making the bullets and he pulls a good trigger at matches also. I talk with him at almost every match. Nice guy to BS with also on top of making good bullets.

Steve

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: Steve Shelp ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.