Case trimming ?

Initally, I trim factory chamber brass about .010" below SAMMI and re-check every loading. For custom chambers, I get the reamer manufacturers print and trim .010" below that measurement.

I used to trim mine down .010,now I just keep them trimmed to max length.It seems like they stretch less and usually only have to trim just a few when I'm checking my brass after resizing.

OK, so really you guys are checking the brass length and trimming to the standard or spec you wish to you use, if I am hearing correctly. Hopefully not trimming often but when required.

My brass was all a touch longer than book spec from the beginning. Lapau brass. I was thinking now that it has all been fire formed and reloaded a couple of times I would trim again. Most of the brass, with a few exceptions, is all the same length since the first fire form, which indicates very little growth and a good thing.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.